The New River Teaching Alliance has an excellent track record of bringing new and talented teachers into the profession through high quality training. Our training is delivered by experienced practitioners across our partner schools and at our world class partner universities.
We deliver the School Direct Programme with our three strategic partners:
- IOE, UCL’s faculty of Education and Society
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Middlesex University
The School Direct Programme is a full-time one-year programme
(September – June) during which time you will:
- Undertake two high quality school placements.
- Receive a programme of training delivered through our schools and university providers
- Build your confidence and subject knowledge.
- Learn and practise the necessary skills needed to become an effective classroom teacher.
- Be fully supported by mentors and tutors at your university as well as in school.